Ottawa, February 14, 2023 – From February 12-19, 2023, Canada will observe its second annual National Kindness Week.
The annual, week-long celebration encourages Canadians from coast to coast to coast to celebrate acts of kindness, volunteerism and charitable giving to the benefit of all Canadians, and will connect individuals and organizations to share resources, information and tools to foster more acts of kindness.
Global Dignity Canada’s theme this year is being kind to the planet. From the smallest microaction (like recycling) to nation-wide efforts, we’re inviting everyone to take action for a healthy, clean and green Canada.
What: Press Conference to Celebrate Canada’s Second Annual National Kindness Week.
When: February 15, 2023 – 8 am ET
Dial-in details: https://takingitglobal.zoom.us/j/98206321741
Who: The press conference will be moderated by Giovanna Mingarelli, Chair of Global Dignity Canada and Olivia Bechthold, Executive Director of Global Dignity Canada. The following representatives will participate:
- Michael Barrett, Member of Parliament, Leeds—Grenville—Thousand Islands and Rideau Lakes
- Emmanuella Lambropoulos, Member of Parliament for Saint-Laurent
- Blake Desjarlais, Member of Parliament for Edmonton Griesbach
- Jamie Bell, founding member of the @1860 Winnipeg Arts Program and the Our People Our Climate collective; Global Dignity Canada, Winnipeg Chair
- Rev. Dr. Paul Luftenegger, Interfaith Minister and acclaimed singer/songwriter of conscious music to inspire global love, dignity and kindness
Introduced as a private members bill by Senator Jim Munson, Bill S-223, the Kindness Week Act, received Royal Assent on June 3, 2021 to become law in Canada, designating the third week in February as National Kindness Week.
Global Dignity Canada