Ottawa, February 10, 2022 – From February 18-25, 2022, Canada will observe the inaugural National Kindness Week. Introduced as a private members bill by Senator Jim Munson, Bill S-223, the Kindness Week Act, received Royal Assent on June 3, 2021 to become law in Canada, designating the third week in February as National Kindness Week.
What: Press conference to celebrate Canada’s inaugural National Kindness Week.
When: February 15, 2022 – 9:00 am ET
Dial-in details: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81178274133
Who: The press conference will be moderated by Jeff Turner, former Vice President of Kind Canada and Global Dignity Champion, and Giovanna Mingarelli, Chair of Global DignityCanada.
The event will also include remarks from:
- Shmuel Bulka, son of the late Rabbi Reuven Bulka, Founder of Kind Canada
- Senator Jim Munson, who introduced the Kindness Week Act
- Conservative Member of Parliament, Michael Barett, Leeds-Grenville-Thousand Islands and Rideau Lakes
- Liberal Member of Parliament for Saint-Laurent, Emmanuella Lambropoulos
- Jamie Bell, Manitoba Chair, Global Dignity Canada
The inspiration for the Kindness Act bill, the late Rabbi Reuven Bulka, founder of Kind Canada, started the first Kindness Week in Ottawa 14 years ago, and with the passing of this bill, Canada is now the first country in the world to pass such legislation.